3.23.2010

Ready... Set... SLOG!

So in preparing for my half marathon that I plan on running this summer in Rexburg, I signed up for a 5k.  That's only 3.1 miles, but it was for BYU cancer research!
I talked Sarah and Cassidy into doing it with me.  They loved it!
That morning we barely made it out the door on time.  This is us driving like crazy down to the marathon, dodging neon orange cones lining the roads on the way.
Read, set, GO!  The sound of the gunshot made Cassidy scream and grab onto Sarah.  It was pretty great.  After she got over the shock, we all started jogging... well it was more like slogging.  So close to the start it was hard to move in the tight-packed herd of runners.
Even thought it was cool and overcast, Cassidy started getting a little too warm for her long sleeves.  So Sarah helped her out of that situation... while running...
Why did only one mile feel like 3?

We made it eventually!  We stuck together pretty much the entire race until the very end.  We all finished within a few minutes of each other- all pretty exhausted, as you can see from this picture.
WE FINISHED!

2 comments:

Us Egberts said...

Way to go....so much fun to run with friends and a good cause =] good luck on your training!

Michael Barney said...

Hey, I ran that too! I didn't see you there though...