10.26.2010

To Be or Not to Be

Domesticity update:
I've mastered a recipe.  It's the first one ever that I can do without looking constantly at the instructions and double checking measurements.  {Am I the only one who mixes up TBS and TSP?}
I don't know what these are called, but they're delicious.  Basically green onions and cream cheese baked into the middle of some yummy, flakey dough.  I add chicken in Roy's.  I promise it still tastes delicious without the meat.  Then a can of cream of chicken mixed with milk to make a gravy.  I bake it at 175 for about fifteen minutes.  So quick and easy and SO melt-in-your-mouth-good!

Thanks for teaching me, Mom!

When Roy was rushing out the door for class he smacked one onto his plate and started stuffing his face {despite the fact that it was still steamy hot and probably scorching his throat}  I told him I made three with chicken in them for him to eat.  He said, "I can't I'm late," while scooping another one onto his plate.  And then another.  He sacrificed being on time and ate all three.  :-)  
YESSSSSSSSS!!!!
Not to the part about being late to class, but me cooking something edible... oh wait... desirable?
???
!

OK, now here is where my cliché title comes in.

What should we be for Halloween?

With less than a week to come up with costumes for me and my hubby, I'm feeling stressed.  It's our first *Halloween* together, I want to be something awesome!  Like... like... 
I must be using all my creative juices at school, because they just aren't flowing.

I just want to be anything but a chicken...

6 comments:

Franklin Family said...

Hooray for a good meal! Those look really good - where did you get the recipe? I'd love to try them. Also...are you a vegetarian? You said you put chicken in his, but not yours...just curious. =)

How about being "Thing 1" and "Thing 2" from Dr. Seuss? You can dye your hair blue, red t-shirts with vinyl going across, or something? And not really dye, but maybe spray paint?

Heather said...

My mom calls those chicken pillows but no green onions...I will be adding those next time. THANKS.

Heidi and Jesse were a smore last year and it was super cute!!! I miss you

Us Egberts said...

you are to cute......so fun to read about your take on the simplest of things....I think you should be.......for Halloween......the cowboy and cowgirl on Toy story...cant think of the names....ahhhhh! Im sure you will have a blast what ever you are...keep bloggin:/

elliot said...

Thanks guys! Love comments! And every costume suggestion is being taken into serious consideration! :-p
Amber: I got the recipe from my mom. Actually I don't even have it written down anywhere. When she came to visit in August she taught me. I kept calling and bugging her to remind me how it goes until I was able to do it on my own.
I'm a semi-vegetarian. I just don't really like meat that much. I'll eat white meat on occasion if I trust that I'm not going to bite into anything weird.
:-)

Weston and Crystal said...

Hey Eli,
I know that we don't know each other that well, but I was wondering if Wes and I could get that recipie too? We struggle with finding new recipies to make.Haha. :)

elliot said...

Crystal, I'll get the recipe on a post for you :-)