10.24.2011

Busy Playing Parents

Oh, hello!  It's been a while!  How have you been?

Us?  We've been busy.  Really really busy.  Even now I'm pounding this out {only half paying attention} before getting to some things that really need getting done.

We're on and off taking care of Zac and Simon as Mom and Dad go on their wild adventures to New York, Canada, etc.  Talk about a taste of parenthood.  Yuck!


I'm joking.  Teenage boys, eh- they aren't so hard to take care of.  Give them a bag of Oreo's once a day and they're happy.  Oh but I have made legitimate meals a few times.  

Roy and I have been going on a lot of bike rides lately, if the sun is still up by the time we are done with dinner.  Sometimes Zac will longboard with us.  Caught the boys with the iPhone:


It makes me want our own bikes, we have so much fun.  One thing better with biking than with running: you can outpace mean dogs.


Part of the whole parenting gig is protecting the house, and it took Roy and I weeks to take down this potential threat.



No, it's not a Halloween decoration.  I was thinking brown recluse?
For those of you that are squeamish with spiders, I'm sorry I had to document this.  This little spider was so tricky!  And the webs were even more enormous than these pictures can depict.


Roy sprayed Raid on that web I don't know how many times.  But it always seemed like the next day there would be a new massive web somewhere nearby!  The little booger just kept relocating!

Finally the other night I spotted it, right dab in the middle of a web.  Roy grabbed the can and we chased it around the garage, probably looking really cool.

We got him in the end.  Now our boys can walk around barefoot again. :-)

Last Saturday was National Make a Difference Day.  We went with our church to clean, paint, and fix up the Tanque Verde High School.  It was once Emily Gray Jr. High, where I attended 7th, 8th, and 9th grade.  Man, the memories were just flooding back while we were caulking windows.


That's about all I have time for.  But I have a funny lake story I want to share later, so brace yourselves.

No comments: