5.29.2011

Big Hair Scare

Hair has been the source of a lot of entertainment lately. 


Roy wants to grow his long for the Philmont hike he'll be doing later this summer.  But his hair is ridiculously stubborn.  When it grows, it just grows out.  Like in the picture above.  I kid you not, that's how his hair wants to grow naturally.  If he grew it long it would just be an untameable afro.

So Shellena and I busted out the hairspray and gel and went to work trying to find a style I like.  Roy liking it was a plus, but not mandatory.











He's a good sport, isn't he?  Any votes on your favorite?

Shellena and I also recently experimented with our own hair.  I've never done that before.  I've never colored my own hair, and I've never done anything extreme.  Shellena was really excited to indoctrinate me.  

We bought the exact same box of hair dye to see how it would turn out.



 UMMMM, they didn't turn out the same.  In fact, it didn't even look anything like the box.


I probably need more practice with dying hair because...


So I ended up dying Shellena's hair again {after watching her do mine I figured out how it was really supposed to be done} and it turned out much better the second time.

Before...
AFTER...

Before...

AFTER...

Carson wanted to get in on the modeling action too soooo, here he is with his new haircut!  Roy used to cut his hair when they lived in Brazil.  He just taught Shellena how to do it just right. 


I haven't gotten used to my hair yet.  It's very bright!  Maybe I don't love it, but I wouldn't take it back.  We had way too much fun.



{Don't mind us, just playing Minute to Win It!}

2 comments:

Andrea McAffee said...

hahahaha i really love the before and after pictures they cracked me up!!!!

Carson said...

Half the fun with roy's pictures is just the different face he made with each hairdo. It almost reveals his feelings about each hairstyle.