7.09.2011

Last Days in Utah

My 23-year-old sister-in-law has braces, and it's all my fault.  For the full story, click here

Short story is: last summer we were tubing on the lake and her mouth met the back of head and bent back three of her teeth.

The girl has since landed herself a man and gotten hitched.  Pretty good for a brace face, huh?  ;-)  My evil in-law plans of making her a lonely snaggle-toothed old crone were dashed.

Anyway, she's had her braces on and off and needed to come to Utah from Oregon for an appointment.  So the week of our move we got to see them one last time.  And the mom-in-law came too!

They were great.  We spent part of one day at Lagoon together.  Roy and I had already been there the week before for his work party.  It was a way sweet work party!  Everyone in the group wore these bright green shirts.  The park was just dotted with green all day. 
It was a good time.

Roy didn't come back with me, Laura, Leah, Jamie, and Jamie's childhood friend.  He had to work.  Plus, I think he'd had plenty of fun the first time around.  He loves roller coasters and has never had a problem with them, but after riding three of the parks craziest coasters back to back... he wasn't feeling too great. 


The second time I went was fun, but the best part of the day was the skycoaster.

 
If you like the sensation of dropping, of plummeting to the ground, this is the ride for you! 


Ah- I loved it!  They were pulling us up higher and higher and then suddenly started counting down, which meant it was time for me to pull the chord that would make us drop.  Apparently the guys didn't think I'd have the guts.  But I did, which I'm so glad for!



What could I do, anyway?  "Excuse me... I changed my mind!  Could you please lower me down real slow?"

Oh it was fun!  Laura didn't brave that one, but she did go on Wicked right in the front row.  Her scream-laugh was so funny I could barely breathe. 


So that was one of our last events in Utah.  We also made a trip up to Rexburg to say goodbye to all of our friends up there.  Wow, that campus is growing!  
We took Alexa and her boyfriend to go out on the lake with us and Roy's Uncle Mark.  Roy is getting the hang of the air chair and wants to rent one for Lake Powell this summer.  I definitely want to try it next time.





I was trying to see absolutely everyone before we left Utah.  I had a get together with some of my buddies from the Scotland trip.  So depressing to say goodbye!  We ate Hobb Nobbs and reminisced together.

We also went to the Springville Arts Fair with Sarah and Matt.  We wanted a picture.  There was a lady who had nothing better to do than wait for her kids to get off a ride.  We asked if she would take the picture for us but...

She seemed a little impatient.


We asked her to please take just one more.


We had breakfast with my Aunt Randy and Uncle Jay, we ate at Costa Vida one last time, we finally went to the art museum down the street... we tried to fit it all in!

I guess it's not like we'll never be up to Utah/Idaho ever again, but I look back with nostalgia knowing that this chapter in our life together is now closed.

No comments: