7.23.2011

One Year

Whaaaat?

One year ago today I was in a wedding dress with that enormous smile practically splitting my face.  I couldn't help it!  It was seriously the best day of my whole life!  Pretty sure both of us had those smiles on for a couple weeks, non-stop.

My face is still sore!  Everything is still so fresh, and yet it's been a year?

I can't believe it.

Maybe I should change the name of this blog.  The Oldyweds?  Hmm, I'll keep brainstorming.

In our first year of marriage, I've learned a few things about Roy and about being married that I never expected:

- Roy, with his big heart, loves giving things away to people who may want or need anything of his.  This has been somewhat of an adjustment for me since we now share everything...

- Being married means always having someone on your team, every second of every day.

- There is hope with the kitchen and I.

- Roy stays in one position all night long, sleeping like a log.  I roll all over the place, steal the blankets, and try to prod him out of the bed with my butt.

- I've ended up being an even bigger penny-pincher than Roy!

- Having a ring on doesn't mean everyone will assume you're a married woman.

- Getting your name changed is a pain.

- Sometimes I'm wrong, but Roy lets me "win" anyway.

- I love Roy more today than I did one year ago.  Never before would I have thought that even possible.  But the love is still growin'!

Happy One Year Anniversary Roy!

Although we'd agreed that Disneyworld was our anniversary gift to each other, Roy just couldn't resist.  He got me a sweet Nikon camera!!!!  I've been talking about it forever, but I didn't expect to get one for a few years!

Little stinker!  At least I made him a card....  and it's a pop-up!

 

But in all seriousness, I did get him a professional-looking bag for school.  He said the camera also counts as my big birthday present too.  (Can you believe a Christmas baby would do that to someone?  Hehe, just kidding!)

I can't wait to put up more pics taken with this fantastic camera!  I'll start this week with Lake Powell.  We leave tomorrow and I'm sure there will be plenty to document.

2 comments:

Audrey said...

Congrats you "oldyweds" you! That is one sweet pop-up card :) I haven't made one since the fourth grade I think! Haha. Okay so you've GOT to do a post on this new camera of yours, because I've been wanting to upgrade for a while now too!

Andrea said...

Happy ONE YEAR!!! yay!!! Congrats to such a wondeful cute perfect couple! I love you guys and miss you so much! ahhhh haha perfect gift to roy, elliot. :)